Spring Air Limited Warranty and Mattress Care Guidelines: Ensuring Your Sleep Experience
Since its establishment in 1926, Spring Air has been renowned for its innovative mattresses and sleep sets. Founder Francis Karr's visionary approach revolutionized the bedding industry with the introduction of the free-end offset coil design, which adjusts to each sleeper's weight. Over the years, Spring Air continued to innovate, introducing button-free technology, quilted surfaces, extra-supportive materials, and specialized mattress zones. This commitment to excellence is reflected in the Spring Air Limited Warranty, ensuring customer satisfaction and peace of mind. Additionally, proper mattress care is vital for maintaining the longevity and performance of your sleep set.
Obtaining Service: In the event of a defect during the limited warranty period, Spring Air provides repair or replacement services at its sole discretion. To initiate the process, customers are required to deliver the defective product, at their expense, to the nearest Spring Air Factory. Alongside the product, proof of purchase, a detailed description of the defect, and an intact Law Label must be provided. It is important to note that Spring Air reserves the right to refuse warranty service for mattresses and/or foundations that are found to be in an unsanitary condition. In cases where identical materials or mattresses are unavailable, Spring Air may substitute them with materials of equal or higher quality.
Mattress Care Guidelines: To ensure a long-lasting sleep set and an optimal sleep experience, proper care and maintenance are essential. By following these simple guidelines, you can enjoy the comfort of your mattress for years to come:
- Rotate Your Mattress: To equalize body impressions and distribute wear evenly, it is recommended to rotate your mattress regularly. For the first six months of use, rotate the mattress every two weeks. Afterward, rotate it every 2-3 months. Rotating the mattress with a partner is advisable to avoid personal injury.
Important Information: In addition to the warranty and care guidelines, there are important details to consider:
Exclusive Limited Warranty: The Spring Air Limited Warranty is comprehensive and supersedes any other warranties associated with the product. Except for the limited warranty specified, Spring Air expressly disclaims and excludes all other warranties, including implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. However, if applicable state law prohibits the exclusion of implied warranties, their duration is expressly limited to the applicable period specified in the limited warranty.
Customer's Exclusive Remedy: In the event of a breach of the limited warranty or any implied warranty, the customer's exclusive remedy is limited to repair or replacement at Spring Air's sole option. Spring Air shall not be liable for any special, incidental, or consequential damages resulting from the use or inability to use the product, regardless of the legal theory on which the claim is based. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so these limitations may not apply to you. This limited warranty provides you with specific legal rights, and you may have other rights that vary from state to state.
Limited Warranty Coverage: The duration of the limited warranty coverage and any associated charges are specified in the Limited Warranty Schedule, which can be found on the non-removable Law Label attached to your mattress. The Law Label serves as your product identification record and should not be discarded. Proof of purchase is required to obtain any warranty service and is only available to the original purchaser.
Additional Information: To further clarify the terms and conditions of the Spring Air Limited Warranty and mattress care, the following points are important to consider:
Exclusions from Warranty Coverage: Certain circumstances and conditions are not covered by the warranty. These include:
- Damage to the mattress fabric due to soiling, stains, bodily fluids, or burns.
- Impressions less than 1-1/2", as this is considered normal conforming of the surface to the sleeper's shape.
- Clearance bedding, "as is" bedding, or floor models.
- Transportation costs to and from the factory for repair or replacement, which are the responsibility of the consumer.
- Normal wear and tear to the mattress covering, fabric, or mattress ticking.
- Product failure due to causes other than defective workmanship or materials.
- Comfort level/preference or firmness.
- Overall bed height.
- Damage to the mattress due to incorrect, old, or mismatched foundations.
- Usage of the product for commercial purposes, unless specifically designed and built for such use.
- Corner guards and sheet fit.
- Queen or King-size mattress sets used on a frame or bed rails without proper center support and legs that touch the floor.
Do's and Don'ts for Your Sleep Set: To optimize the performance and lifespan of your sleep set, adhere to the following recommendations:
- DO rotate your mattress as needed to ensure even wear.
- DO use an appropriate frame and center support for queen and king-size sets.
- DO let your new sleep set "air" upon removal from its plastic packaging and dispose of all plastic packaging to prevent entanglement hazards.
- DO keep your bedding clean and use a mattress pad to avoid voiding the warranty due to stains.
- DO replace the foundation when purchasing a new mattress to provide proper support.
- DO carry your mattress upright on its side to prevent damage.
- DON'T remove the Law Label, as it contains essential information for warranty rights.
- DON'T bend or jump on your sleep set, as it may cause damage.
- DON'T smoke in bed to minimize fire hazards.
- DON'T use the product for commercial purposes without appropriate design.
- DON'T store the mattress in a bent or folded position for extended periods.
Conclusion: By adhering to the Spring Air Limited Warranty and following the recommended mattress care guidelines, you can ensure a satisfying and comfortable sleep experience. Spring Air is committed to customer satisfaction and providing high-quality products. For any inquiries or assistance, please contact our dedicated customer service team. Remember to retain the Law Label as proof of purchase, as it is crucial for warranty service and is only available to the original purchaser.