Choosing the Right Bed Size at LA Mattress Store
When it comes to choosing the right bed size, many people find themselves debating between a King and a California King. Both options offer ample space and comfort, but they do have distinct differences that can impact your sleeping experience. In this blog, we'll provide a more detailed breakdown of the disparities between a King and a California King bed to help you make an informed decision when visiting the LA Mattress Store.
King Size Bed:
- The King size bed, also known as an Eastern King, is the most common and widely available mattress size in the United States.
- It measures 76 inches wide by 80 inches long, providing ample room for couples to sleep comfortably without feeling cramped.
- The King bed is ideal for master bedrooms or larger spaces, as it requires a significant amount of floor space to accommodate its size.
- It offers the same width as a Queen bed but adds an extra 16 inches in length, making it a great option for taller individuals who need more legroom.
- The King size bed provides a balanced sleeping surface for couples, allowing them to have their personal space while sharing the bed.
California King Size Bed:
- The California King size bed, also known as a Western King, is slightly narrower but longer than a standard King bed.
- It measures 72 inches wide by 84 inches long, making it an excellent choice for people who are taller or prefer more legroom.
- The California King bed is perfect for individuals who have narrower bedrooms or prefer a sleeker look without compromising on length.
- Due to its elongated shape, finding bedding and accessories specifically designed for a California King bed may require more effort, but options are becoming more widely available as its popularity grows.
- The California King bed is especially popular on the West Coast and is often the preferred choice for taller individuals due to the additional legroom it offers.
- Size: The primary distinction between the King and California King beds is their size. The King bed is wider, while the California King bed is longer. Consider your height, bedroom dimensions, and personal preferences when choosing between the two.
- Availability: King size beds are more commonly available, making them easier to find in stores and online. California King beds may have a slightly more limited selection, particularly when it comes to bedding options. However, as the demand for California King beds increases, more retailers are offering a wider range of choices.
- Room Layout: If you have a narrower bedroom or prefer a more spacious look, a California King bed may be a better fit. The narrower width can free up floor space and create a more open feel in the room.
- Bedding and Accessories: As mentioned earlier, finding bedding and accessories tailored specifically for a California King bed can be more challenging. However, many manufacturers are now catering to this size, and you can find a variety of options online or in specialty stores.
King vs. California King: Pros and Cons
When deciding between a King and a California King bed, it's important to weigh the pros and cons of each option. Both sizes offer ample space and comfort, but they do have distinct advantages and disadvantages. In this blog, we'll outline the pros and cons of King and California King beds to help you make an informed decision.
King Size Mattress:
- Wider Sleeping Surface: A King mattress provides a wider sleeping surface, allowing couples to sleep comfortably without feeling cramped.
- Greater Availability: King size mattresses are the most common and widely available option in the market. You'll have a wider variety of choices when it comes to mattress selection, bedding, and accessories.
- Balanced Space for Couples: The King mattress offers a balanced sleeping surface, providing couples with their personal space while sharing the mattress.
- Large Footprint: A King mattress requires a significant amount of floor space, making it less suitable for smaller bedrooms or apartments with limited space.
- Limited Length: While a King mattress is wider than a Queen mattress, it typically offers the same length of 80 inches, which may not be ideal for taller individuals who need extra legroom.
California King Size Mattress:
- Extra Length: A California King mattress is longer, providing ample legroom for taller individuals or those who prefer more space at the foot of the bed.
- Narrower Width: The narrower width of a California King mattress allows for more floor space in the bedroom, making it a better fit for rooms with narrower dimensions.
- Ideal for Tall Individuals: The additional length of a California King mattress makes it a popular choice for taller individuals who need the extra legroom.
- Availability of Bedding: Finding bedding and accessories specifically designed for a California King mattress may be more challenging compared to the more common King size. However, as the popularity of California King mattresses increases, more options are becoming available in the market.
- Less Common: California King mattresses may have a slightly more limited selection compared to King mattresses, especially in physical stores. However, many online retailers and specialty mattress stores offer a range of California King options.
Which One Should You Choose?
The decision between a King and a California King bed ultimately depends on your specific needs, preferences, and bedroom dimensions. Consider the pros and cons outlined above, along with factors such as your height, available space, and the availability of bedding options. If you prioritize a wider sleeping surface and have a larger bedroom, the King bed may be the better choice. On the other hand, if you require extra length or have a narrower room, the California King bed could be the ideal option.
When making your decision, visit a mattress store like LA Mattress Store to try out both sizes and consult with their knowledgeable staff. They can provide personalized recommendations based on your preferences and help you find the perfect bed that suits your needs.
Remember, investing in a quality mattress and choosing the right bed size are essential for a good night's sleep. Both King and California King beds offer ample space and comfort, allowing you to enjoy restful nights and wake up feeling refreshed.
Which One Should You Choose?
Ultimately, the decision between a King and California King bed comes down to your personal preferences, room dimensions, and individual needs. Consider your height, available space, and how you intend to use the bed before making a choice. If you often find yourself needing extra legroom or have a narrower bedroom, the California King bed might be the better option. On the other hand, if you prioritize width and prefer a more commonly available size, the King bed is a reliable choice.
When shopping for your ideal bed size, look no further than the LA Mattress Store. With their extensive selection and knowledgeable staff, you can explore a wide range of King and California King beds to find the perfect fit for your needs. Their expertise and quality products will ensure that you make a well-informed decision and enjoy a restful night's sleep.
Investing in a quality mattress and a suitable bed size is crucial for a good night's sleep. Whether you choose a King or California King, both sizes offer ample space and comfort for couples or individuals alike. So, carefully weigh your options, visit the LA Mattress Store, try out both sizes if possible, and make the choice that best suits your needs. With the right bed, you can look forward to nights of restful slumber and wake up feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.